AnnaLynne McCord Was Suicidal After Being Sexually Assaulted at Age 18

AnnaLynne McCord is opening up and detailing her sexual assault at age 18 in a poignant essay written for Cosmopolitan magazine’s July 2014 issue.

Here’s some excerpts from the 26-year-old 90210 star’s essay:

“One night, a guy friend called. He said he needed a good night’s sleep for a meeting, as he’d been crashing on someone’s couch. I had known him for some time, so I said to come over and I set him up with a clean towel. We sat on the bed and talked for a while, then I fell asleep. When I woke up, he was inside me. At first I felt so disoriented and numb, I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep…then, suddenly, my thoughts took a practical turn: I could get an STD. I could get pregnant. I have a boyfriend.”
“I had pills and water in hand and thought seriously about killing myself. I didn’t fear death—it felt like a solution,” she wrote later, “I forgave myself for not standing up for myself, and I began channeling my experience into something good. I have my message for women and girls: You have a voice.”


Source
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post